Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Wow, time is flying by way too fast! We had a wonderful holiday season. Paul was able to take a lot of time off work and we all got used to having him around. I am still trying to decide whether that is a good thing or bad thing (it's been hard having him go back to work). 
Items of note - We went to Paul's work party and were privileged to have many of the General Authorities there. Paul was standing by the doorway with Ellie when President Hinckley left. The prophet stopped, pointed his cane at Ellie and said, "Now that is what Christmas is all about." Needless to say, it was a special experience for a mom.
Peyton was a blast this Christmas, constantly talking about Santa Claus and how Santa was going to bring him a "boomer." (hammer) On Christmas Eve, we told him he needed to hurry and go to sleep so Santa could come and ever since then, I've been trying to convince him that I do not need to hurry to sleep because Santa is not coming again for quite a while.

And lastly, I am going crazy...two hour long breakfasts followed by two hour long lunches are killing me. I am at a total loss of what to do, so if anyone has ANY suggestions, please let me know. I have tried just leaving him at the table to eat (came down to a little boy and a table and my floor covered in oatmeal), setting a timer (cried for toooo long about how hungry he was making me feel like the worst mother in the world), and feeding him myself (he keeps the food in his mouth without chewing and will not take another bite until his mouth is not "full"). Anyway, I'm sure it is just a phase - or at least I hope- but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Items of note - We went to Paul's work party and were privileged to have many of the General Authorities there. Paul was standing by the doorway with Ellie when President Hinckley left. The prophet stopped, pointed his cane at Ellie and said, "Now that is what Christmas is all about." Needless to say, it was a special experience for a mom.
Peyton was a blast this Christmas, constantly talking about Santa Claus and how Santa was going to bring him a "boomer." (hammer) On Christmas Eve, we told him he needed to hurry and go to sleep so Santa could come and ever since then, I've been trying to convince him that I do not need to hurry to sleep because Santa is not coming again for quite a while.
And lastly, I am going crazy...two hour long breakfasts followed by two hour long lunches are killing me. I am at a total loss of what to do, so if anyone has ANY suggestions, please let me know. I have tried just leaving him at the table to eat (came down to a little boy and a table and my floor covered in oatmeal), setting a timer (cried for toooo long about how hungry he was making me feel like the worst mother in the world), and feeding him myself (he keeps the food in his mouth without chewing and will not take another bite until his mouth is not "full"). Anyway, I'm sure it is just a phase - or at least I hope- but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
3 comments:
Rach. How are you doing? It looks like you had a fantabulous Christmas. Your little girl is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I need to meet her!
Rachel!
I found your blog through Paige's and I've been wondering how you've been doing! Your kids are about as cute as kids come! Jon and I live in Seattle and have a 16 month old little girls and are hoping for another soon. Just hoping, though! Well, I'll check in on you and your little family from time to time! I'm at jon-tara.blogspot.com
I love her Christmas dress!!! I just started http://bountifulhigh2001.blogspot.com/ and thought maybe you could add it to your link list and let people know! :)
Post a Comment