Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No more germs!!

The scene: The Anderton Kitchen Saturday Afternoon
(Peyton and Josh (his cousin) are sitting at the bar eating a piece of toast that we cut in half for them to share. Josh finishes all of his quickly and watches Peyton carefully eat every crumb except for the crust of the bread. Peyton says he "hates the crunchy part.")
Josh: Peyton, are you going to eat that?
Peyton: No
Josh: Why?
Peyton: I don't like the crunchy part.
Josh: I like it. Can I have it?
Peyton: No.
Josh: Why?
Peyton: I'm a little bit sick. I have a little runny nose and you will get my germs.
Josh: That's okay. I'm a little bit sick too.
Peyton: No Josh, you will get my germs and I'm a little bit sick.
Josh: That's okay.
Josh picks up the crust and begins to eat it. Peyton begins crying a little bit.
Peyton: Dad, Josh is eating my toast.
Dad: That's okay Peyt. You said you weren't going to eat it.
Peyton begins crying more.
Peyton: Dad, Josh is going to eat all my germs and then I won't have any left. That's not fair!!!

Uhhhhh....okay. That makes a lot of sense. The great thing is, Peyton has been eating the crusts of his bread lately. I guess he's afraid someone is going to come along and eat them along with all his germs and he won't have any left.

5 comments:

Littletime said...

Oh thats way too funny, you have darling kids. love ya

Melissa said...

Love that! Sounds like a conversation Raegan and Carsen would have together!

Carolyn said...

That is hilarious! Don't you just love the way little kids minds work!

cody+sara said...

How funny! He's too cute!

Chelsey said...

That is so funny. Anna is also trying to learn the concept of germs and how we have them but don't want them. I love how they think.