Happy birthday to my not-so-little baby boy! (Do they ever hit an age where you stop thinking of them as your baby?) Being only four years old, he has taught me much.
1 – Love and Forgiveness. Get mad…throw a tantrum…but then forgive and love as if nothing happened…..it will be as if nothing ever happened.
2 – Sharing – One birthday candy bar divided four unequal ways. One bite for Peyton. Two bites for Ellie. One bite for mommy. Save the other half of the candy bar in a Ziploc baggy for daddy. Keep it in your pocket and keep taking it out to remind mommy of how happy it is going to make daddy. (Give more than you get)
3 – Joy and excitement – These can be found everywhere and in everything – playing hide and seek over and over even if there are only six places to hide in the entire house – watching the garbage truck empty the garbage cans – shoveling the driveway – rain and on and on.
What a privilege it is to be a mother! I understand more and more all the time why we have been counseled to “become as little children”. Thanks to my little (or should I say big) four year old for all he has taught me. Happy birthday!!
1 – Love and Forgiveness. Get mad…throw a tantrum…but then forgive and love as if nothing happened…..it will be as if nothing ever happened.
2 – Sharing – One birthday candy bar divided four unequal ways. One bite for Peyton. Two bites for Ellie. One bite for mommy. Save the other half of the candy bar in a Ziploc baggy for daddy. Keep it in your pocket and keep taking it out to remind mommy of how happy it is going to make daddy. (Give more than you get)
3 – Joy and excitement – These can be found everywhere and in everything – playing hide and seek over and over even if there are only six places to hide in the entire house – watching the garbage truck empty the garbage cans – shoveling the driveway – rain and on and on.
What a privilege it is to be a mother! I understand more and more all the time why we have been counseled to “become as little children”. Thanks to my little (or should I say big) four year old for all he has taught me. Happy birthday!!
5 comments:
I can't believe that you have a four year old! He's so grown up! What a sweet tribute to motherhood! We are so lucky to have little ones to learn from. Happy Birthday, Peyton!
Wow, I can't believe Peyton is already four! Happy Birthday Peyton! I loved your story about modesty. It made me laugh. Now I know I am being modest in the bathroom, thank you. I was worried.
That was really sweet! Your kids are totally adorable!
OH my gosh 4 years old!!! I can't believe it. What a cute little man he is, so grownup. Wow Rach you have raised one good boy
He is so handsome! Thank you for this post, we really do have so much to learn from these little ones!
Post a Comment