Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ducks

Today is my due date...I am realizing that patience is not one of my virtues.

We were eating dinner a couple nights ago and Peyton once again brought up one of his favorite dinnertime discussion topics - dying. I've learned just how much I don't know about dying because of these discussions. Actually, having him as my constant companion, I've realized how much I don't know about lots of things.

Peyton: What happens if you die when you are already in heaven?
Me: You don't die after you are already in heaven.
Peyton: Why?
Me: Because you already died.
Peyton: So, does that mean there are no wild animals to chase you and eat you?
Me: No.
Peyton: Oooooooh......so there are only ducks in heaven.

Me (in my head): Why does he think that a duck is the only animal that does not chase and eat you?

3 comments:

Jessica Whittaker said...

I love the conversations you post that you have with your kids. You posted 3 days ago so I hope that by now you have had the baby and all is well. Keep us posted!

James and Melissa said...

I also hope you have a baby by now! I can't wait to see pictures of her. I hope you're all doing well. Love you tons and good luck with everything!

Maegan said...

I have to agree with Peyton- only ducks in heaven! I first thought 'rabbits' and then I remember trying to feed a neighbor's "pets" and all I can think of is there mouths with teeth. Animals in petting zoos- all have teeth! Goats, horses, sheep, cows, llamas- no thanks. I will say also say no geese. Maybe some sparrows, but no pigeons or seagulls as they are too assertive. I didn't even know I had such strong opinions about my heaven's animals, so thanks for sharing.