Anyway, we've come to somewhat of a compromise. I let them go out on the front porch if they leave the door open and I am downstairs (usually feed, feed, feeding). This has led to some wonderfully hilarious moments for me because I can listen to everything they are saying and they don't know it. Just this morning...
Jason (Peyton's friend): I can run to your house in 20 steps.
Peyton: Yeah, well, I bet I could run faster if my Mom would let me off the porch.
Jason runs back and forth to his house counting the whole time.
Jason: I just ran even faster. That was 18 steps.
Peyton: Yeah, well, I'm so fast too. I'm going to show you sometime, but I can't get off the porch.
Jason: One time, I ran around the block twice with Andrew and we did it in just 10 minutes.
Peyton: How long is 10 minutes?
Jason: It's really fast!
Peyton: WOW! That's amazing. I can't believe you can go that fast. Maybe I could run around the block in 10 minutes too. That's FAST!!
1 comment:
LOL!! Poor Peyton. I bet he could run really fast if his Mom just let him off the porch once in a while! ;-)
I've done the same thing myself though. I guess all Mom's just come mean!
Post a Comment