Tuesday, February 5, 2008

NOTHING IS SAFE!!

I have decided to rename my children... The TM and The TTM...as in "The Troublemaker" and "The Tiny troublemaker". Yes, Ellie also falls into this category now as she is learning to crawl or slither and getting into all sorts of things . My friend told me that just as you think you have things figured out with two kids and you're feeling pretty good about things, the baby gets to another phase and you have to adjust all over again. Boy was she right!! Peyton loves his baby sister, but not when she is sprawling across the board as we play candyland reaching for every card and game piece in sight or as she comes cruising (slowly) along to take some toys he has carefully lined up and especially not when she puts some of his toys in her mouth. He gets so frustrated and all I can do is laugh and laugh. She is finding every scrap of anything on the floor, but is mainly interested in books that have rippable and crumpleable pages.
The TTM has officially started rice cereal. (I had forgotten how hard it is to get the spoon into a closed mouth without being grabbed or knocked by two flailing hands and then catch the 75% of the cereal that comes spitting back out of the mouth while still dodging little hands and trying to put it back in the mouth again.) I think it must be a learned skill that I have forgotten!!
She is sitting up...
...sort of.
My little boy is turning three this week. I really can't even believe it!! I don't feel old enough or smart enough to have a three year old. We had a party at my parents house this past Sunday and we'll have one more on his actual birthday.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love the nicknames!!! So funny- I also can't believe that you have a 3 year old! Well they are both adorable and growing up so fast (i sound like a mother) Happy Birthday Peyton!!!

Tara said...

What great smiles your kids have!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Rachel! What a cute family you have! I've really enjoyed reading your blog. It's fun to see we are in the same boat!
Hope all is well.