Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why?

Our water heater pretty much exploded tonight (well, without the fire part...and actually it was just the expansion tank, but still...). I was about to get into the shower after a long day of yard work, but here I am hoping Paul made it to Lowes before they closed at 10. He left our house at 9:52. Just wanted to let you all know, I am kind of in a bad mood! Our church friends might be in for a stinky treat tomorrow (meaning me, and probably Paul too, without a shower).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds HORRIBLE! Best of luck in replacing the water heater...

Michelle said...

No fun! We had a little flood of our own when we were getting ready for our water softener. Hopefully these miserable moments will soon turn into funny memories.

Chelsea said...

SUch a pain..... I hate when things like that happen, hopefully you got it working- i did live with you for 2 years and know what you smell like when you don't get a shower... :)

TravandNat said...

I am sorry that you are having issues! Oh the joys of owning a home!! I'm excited to see you on Saturday! Hopefully you've had a shower by then! :)

Chelsey said...

That is not one of the appliances you want to explode! Nothing would make me more miserable! Hope everything is better now.

Hacking it up said...

Crap.

I hate it when things like that happen!! Hope everything worked out!

judy said...

ours went out right after we put in new wood floors---which was interesting as i kept trying to protect the floor by holding buckets under the leak, running to the sink, emptying them, running back, changing buckets, etc while steve ran to lowes to get that replacement. it was like the sorcerers apprentice!