Monday, December 29, 2008

For He's a Jolly Good Fellow....Seriously

Paul took a little trip earlier this December (over my birthday) and came back with a huge certificate stating he was officially a FSA (for those of you not fluent in the language of actuaries, that is a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries)...(for those of you not having a clue what a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries is, just know, I am a happy happy happy wife)!!!

He can even sign his name with little letters following it.

Paul, FSA, MAAA

FSA meaning, of course, that he's a fellow....MAAA meaning, well actually I have no idea. That's just what his work emails say. Honestly, up until a few years ago, I had no idea that anyone besides doctors had little letters following their name. One day, Paul brought me home this financial guys business card. It said something like this.

Bob Smith, LMA, CERA, JJU, FJS, JA, BS, LB, TLC, BLT, BCB, PTW, TSD, JLA, FJS

Really, I'm not exaggerating. Do the little letters even mean anything if there are a hundred following your name?

Anyway, I am so proud of Paul and his great accomplishment and so relieved and happy that he is finally done with those darn actuary tests!! I have only one request, if any of you need to send us a formal invitation, please address the envelope to:

Fellow and Mrs. Paul ***



Good job Paul. I love you!!!

Signing out,

Rachel, WIFE, MOM

6 comments:

TravandNat said...

That's awesome! Congratulations Paul! I'm glad that you are officially part of the 'cool little letters after your name' club! I'm even more glad that you don't have to take any more exams!! Hooray!

Melissa said...

Yay! Congratuations! I bet that is a huge relief!!!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats to Paul. That is awesome! I bet you are so glad he is done. It was fun to see you the other day! I've missed you. Good thing there are blogs to see what you and your cute family have been up to.

Chelsea said...

Rachel Wife Mom-
COngrats again girlie, that's such a relief! So fun seeing you this past week. Happy New Year!!

Abbi said...

I can't tell you how much I love the end of this post! It's so true. If only the world would recognize the value of MOM as much as PhD, FSA, etc. Your blog posts are always such a treat. And on a side note, HOORAY FOR PAUL (and you!)!! :)

Ginny said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to BOTH of you!!! so awesome!! i'm just disappointed you didn't get to go with him to the banquet!

from, someone who understands :-)