Monday, March 22, 2010

Family Photo

My parents made the long drive here this last week. It was SO WONDERFUL to have them here! They were able to take our first family photo. It is perfectly indicative of how tired Paul and I are these days. This little baby does not like to sleep at night.
One day, my Mom and I were sitting downstairs staring at the baby (why can you stare at a baby for so long?) when Ellie announced that she needed to go upstairs to go potty. Potty trips are always preceded by detailed announcements. She left....and never came back. Knowing there was probably some sort of trouble brewing, I called up the stairs. "Ellie, where are you?" She called back, "Upstairs." "Come down here. We miss you." Interpretation - 'Come down right now because I know you are doing something you shouldn't and I am not in the mood to clean it up.'

She called back in the sweetest voice ever. "Just a minute Mom. I'm just wiping some pooh off my jammies really quick."

I sent my Mom up to help her.

5 comments:

Littletime said...

What a cute little family you have. Glad your mom got to come and stay for awhile, she misses you so much.. Give the baby a kiss for me. love ya

Chelsey said...

Cute little one Rachel. Going from 2 to 3 in definitely a challenge! Your kids are so cute! Hope she starts sleeping!

Jessica Whittaker said...

Congrats on your new little one. You have such a cute family. I am glad everyone is doing well despite being tired.

Angie said...

your family is so cute! your kids are just adorable! Hope everything is going well :)

Michelle said...

Congrats Rachel, what a doll. Good luck, hope you can catch up on some sleep soon.