I have a little girl that is obsessed with climbing into and on top of things. Any little hole that is anywhere, I find her down it. Any little ledge, I find her on it. Any little basket, I find her in it. Peyton never climbed out of his crib and we finally ended up just moving him to a big boy bed when he was three. I used to think it was because I was such a good mom, but I've realized, as I have with most everything else, that that is probably not the case. He just wasn't a CLIMBER!! Ellie is...and I'm just waiting for the day when she launches herself out of her crib at the age of one. Anyway, here are a few of her FAVORITE places around our house.





One of my friends has a little girl that is about 7 years old whose hair is always done perfectly and beautifully. I aksed her a couple months after Ellie was born how she does it and how she gets her little girl to hold still while she does it. She said, "well, I think you just have to start from Day 1 doing their hair and then they don't really know any different. If you don't start right from the beginning, I think they have a hard time all of the sudden being expected to hold still." AAAAAHHH!! Ellie was already 2 months old and she hardly had any hair anyway! I was way past "Day 1." I thought I was going to have problems with her for the rest of my life (not that it really matters all that much if they even get their hair done when they are little). I started from that day trying to do her hair. I got teased a little bit about the tiny clips...people asking if I glued them in, but guess what...I did pigtails (sort of) in her hair today and she even kind of held still while I did it. So cute!!
Lastly, I have a tendency to say dumb things a lot...i.e. "Holy smokes" or "Oh my gosh." Peyton used to say these same things sometimes, and it was a little bit funny. Well, in the last day or two, he has suddenly combined the two and says "Holy gosh" about EVERYTHING. He sees a bird on a tree, "holy gosh mom, there's a bird on that tree...holy gosh, that hurt...holy gosh, I had so much fun at preschool." I feel so mortified every time he says it...it just seems little irreverent, but the more I draw attention to it, the more he says it!! I'm trying to plant other statements in his head like "WOOHOO Peyton, there is a bird in that tree...HOT DOG, I love to eat ice cream...ZIPPADEEDOODAH, what a great day!", but he hasn't quite picked up on those yet.
Peyton started his first day of preschool today. So sad to have him gone for a couple of hours...so happy to have him gone for a couple of hours. I talked to my mom this morning after he left. I was feeling a little emotional and she said I better get used to it. Motherhood is full of feeling opposite feelings. You don't want them to grow up, but you do want them to grow up. You don't want to send them to kindergarten, but you're so happy when they go to kindergarten. You don't want them to go on a mission, but you do want them to go desperately. You want them to get married, but you don't want them to get married. Anyway, I'm so happy that he is in preschool, but I'm so sad that he is old enough to go to preschool.
10 comments:
1st- Ellie is a doll, i LOVE the pigtails and the picture of her in the heater vent- so funny! 2nd- I can't believe you have a child that's going to preschool, is Peyton really that big?? I love his pic with his big boy backpack, he is all grown up! Oh and good luck with getting "Holy Gosh" out of his vocabulary, that is too funny! They are too cute rach
P.s.- I just asked Ben today if Blake had to go on a mission. Of course I was mostly kidding, but the thought just makes me so sad. I'm sure at the time, I will be somewhat ready for him to go though
holy gosh your kids are adorable! I LOVED the vaseline face in the other post. hee hee hee.
Your kids are so cute. I totally know how you feel about being happy and sad at the time about Peyton being gone. I did the same thing when Anna went to school. But it is a nice little break, right!
Rachel, this post was so fun to read. You are too funny, I love the "Hot Dog" and "Zippadeedoodah" ideas. Your kids are SO cute! You have caught so many fun moments of Ellie inside of things, and Peyton looks so handsome on his first day of preschool!! You're a wonderful mom.
Holy Gosh!..Your kids are so cute!!
Don't you just love the things they pick up on?
Darling pics Rach- I think we all feel like this, one way or another. You are a great mom and the kids look so cute. Congrats Peyton on starting Preschool. Such a big step! Good job buddie!
Sheesh your posts are entertaining Rach! Holy Canole your family is cute! (my little boy tries to say that one :) my sister and i were just talking about the two sided nature of motherhood...perfect post about it!
Your kids are amazing! We laughed our heads off about your last two posts!
I just love to read your blog...you are so creative & what cute kids you have & a beautiful yard! I'm finally doing my blog cathing up-looks like things are going well with you guys!!
1st off you have the cutest kids EVER! 2nd-I love reading your posts, you are so elequent with your words I wish I could write like you do! and 3rd you have the CUTEST kids! Holy gosh they are adorable lol :)
Post a Comment